- 5 pm
- 1st Wednesday of every month
- City Hall, 6070 Central Avenue, Portage, IN
- Phone 219-762-4204
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Ferdinand Alvarez, City Council
- Joe Kasper, Citizen
- Bob Mackovyak, Citizen
- Ramon Mendoza, Citizen
- John Harrison, Citizen
- Richard Jones, Building Commissioner
- Judy Alvey, Recording Secretary
The function of the Board of Licensing and Registration is to safeguard the health, safety, and public welfare of the citizens of Portage through enforcement of the contractor licensing provisions of the Portage Municipal Code.
- 1-year term
- 7 members
- Building Commissioner (by title)
- 4 citizens appointed by Mayor (with a minimum of 2 from the NWI Building Trades)
- 2 appointed by the City Council
Responsibilities of the Board
- Approve contractor licenses.
- Determine qualification of license applicants through examination, which is given under the supervision of the board.
- Order hearings to be held at which any contractor who is found to have committed one or more of the offenses listed in the license revocation ordinance may have its license temporarily suspended or permanently revoked.
- Order investigations to be made by the Building Commissioner upon the filing of any contractor complaints.
- Review contractor citations and stop-work orders.